Chain reorg affects reward?

When the farmer found a solution and then submitted it to the node claimed, but the claimed vote or block only 90% are finally confirmed by the chain, lost 10% reward. I guess the reason is chain reorged, is that right? How can I improve performance?

1 Like

Hello, are you missing some rewards or not getting the amount of tssc you expect?

Yes, the reward is about 10% less than what I expected.

Then your expectation wasn’t correct, see Dynamic Reward Issuance on Gemini-3h for details.
And Rewards & Fees | Autonomys Academy of course.

Please have a look at this. Dynamic Reward Issuance on Gemini-3h

I have read and understand it, but what I want to express is the number of times I got the reward instead of the total number of tssc I got. why is the node claim vote or block not confirmed on the chain?

I’m sorry I’m not following, are you saying your getting misses? It can happen from time to time for different reasons. Possibly your cpu might be overloaded with other tasks?

cpu not overload, the vote or block not accept by the chain

Are you tracking your Auditing/Proving times to make sure you aren’t sending it too late?

I think his number 90%/10% caused the confusion to you. It’s not about the 10% less of block/vote reward that he received. But he meant that in 10% of the vote/block claim, he didn’t receive any reward at all after that.

And he thinks it’s due to the chain re-org. @doris from my opinion, yes you’re right on this. Usually you submit the proof a bit late so you’re on the ‘side chain’ so after the re-org, the block that your node created is not in the correct chain. It happens to block reward only.

1 Like

From the node log, more than 200 Reorg events can occur every day. Is this normal? What can I do to prevent chain Reorg?

Absolutely normal to my understanding. But in very rare case, the new block that you node create is on the side chain.

Every 24 hours, subspace has about 14,400 blocks. So from what you observe, the rate is 1.3% for re-org, which is ‘orphan block’ in the ETH PoW.

I think this can help you