I would like to ask a few questions about the mainnet launch

1. Is the launch in October the mainnet or a mainnet beta? Are the different phases of the mainnet on the same consensus chain, or are they on different testnets?

2. Regarding the airdrop for early testnet participants, the video mentioned that the exchange is expected to happen in Q1 next year. What does that mean?

3. If the mainnet launches around October this year, will the tokens I mine on this mainnet be transferable and tradable as usual?

If you haven’t had a chance to, please do check out the recording of the community call yesterday. There will be an accompanying blog post which I will drop a link to once it has been published too.

What we have previously termed Mainnet Beta has now been split into two phases. Phase 1 is the mainnet consensus chain and phase 2 is domains and token transfers. Phase 1 and phase 2 will take place on the same chain. There will be a new, persistent testnet which we will deploy after phase 1 is launched.

Mainnet Beta is mainnet. It has the Beta designation as we have a roadmap which delivers Mainnet Omega further down the line which is an evolution of the chain delivering features like the implementation of our scalability sharding design.

This question was asked on the call so to try and clarify as simply as possible we have gone from:

Testnet -> Mainnet Beta -> Mainnet Omega

to

Testnet -> Mainnet Beta Phase 1 -> Mainnet Beta Phase 2 -> Mainnet Omega

Testnet rewards will be minted in the genesis block which will be deployed at phase 1 launch. Maybe something got lost in translation regarding exchange but transfers will be disabled during phase 1 of the mainnet.

Transfers will be disabled at the protocol level so, while farming will earn you mainnet rewards, you will not be able to transfer them until phase 2.

As promised, please find the accompanying blog post here: The Phases of Mainnet | by Autonomys Network | Autonomys Network